Sanctuary for the Abused

Friday, May 20, 2005



ABUSIVE HUSBAND ADVOCATES COUNSELING

Dear Harriette:

My name is not important, but what is important is that I'm an abusive spouse. This is for all the other men out there that think they do not have this type of problem -- think again. This is a major problem all across the world. And I know for myself, I love my spouse dearly and I know I must acknowledge this, and seek help, if I'm ever going to be a better person and a husband. No woman deserves to be beaten up, slapped or pushed around. My woman sometimes pushes me to the breaking point, but that still does not make it OK to hit her. There are laws in place and a lot of men behind bars because of this. I've been there too.

So I urge all men who think they might have a problem to try and to get some sort of counseling before it's too late -- too late for you, too late for her. Life is too short and too precious, and I want to spend mine with her. I am presently in treatment and hope to continue with more intense therapy. I hope that this message reaches another man who needs some help too.

Mr. Vet, Peekskill, N.Y.


Mr. Vet:
Thank you for having the courage to write in about your reality -- that you have been abusive to your wife during your marriage. Acknowledging your actions is the first step in the healing process. Many people are afraid to tell themselves the truth, let alone anybody else. While it's easy to feel ashamed of violent, abusive behavior, you can feel proud of yourself that you have sought help and continue to go to therapy to learn how to change your behavior. In addition to seeking therapy, I recommend that you and other men who are grappling with spousal abuse read the book "Violent No More: Helping Men End Domestic Abuse" by Michael J. Paymar (Hunter House, Inc., 1999).


http://www.harrietcole.com

(from site owner: THE SAME GOES FOR VERBAL EMOTIONAL MENTAL & ONLINE ABUSE!! GET HELP!!)
shared by Barbara at 7:09 AM


Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home