Sanctuary for the Abused

Saturday, July 15, 2006



RECOVERY SLOGANS


A drug is a drug (even sex)

An addict is a sick human being trying to get well, not a bad one trying to be good

Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation - some fact of my life unacceptable to me & I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is suppose to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake.

Addictive Sex is a perfect solvent: It dissolves marriages, families, & careers

Addictions are the only diseases that try to convince you that you don't have them

An addict is someone whose feet are firmly planted in thin air

An ingrate is someone who bites the hand that feeds him then complains of indigestion

Call your sponsor before you act out

Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to overcome it

Cunning, Baffling, Powerful, & Persistent

Death, Insanity or Recovery

Denial is Not a River in Egypt

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Do what you did & get what you got

Don't use even if your ass falls off

Don't act out, don't think & go to meetings

Don't give up before the miracle happens

Embrace the journey

Everything happens for a reason

Faith chases away fear

Faith without works is dead

Fake it 'til you make it

Get to the meeting early & go to the meeting after the meeting

God speaks through other people

God will not close one door without opening another

Gratitude, that's the attitude

Do the next right thing

Half measures availed us nothing

Happy, Joyous & Free

He who laughs... lasts

Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less

I came, I came to, I came to believe

I like to get a good jump on worrying about something

I need just enough sex to tide me over & then I need MORE

If I woke up today feeling like I did every day when I was acting out, I'd take myself to the emergency room

If you don't want to slip, stay away from slippery places

If you wonder if you're an addict, you probably are

If you don't have a higher power, borrow mine

I'm really a very persuasive person; I can convince myself of anything

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over & over again, expecting different results

It gets better

It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves & it's impossible to find it elsewhere

It's okay to look back at the past - just don't stare at it

Just for today

Keep coming back, it works if you work it

Keep it simple

Keep your hands in your pants & give the newcomer a chance

Let go & let God

Live for today. Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mystery

Live life on life's terms

None of us came here on a winning streak

Ninety meetings in ninety days

Not everything that is faced can be changed but nothing can be changed until it is faced

Once an addict, always an addict

One Day at a Time

Pray daily, God is easier to talk to than most people

Progress, not perfection

Put one foot in front of the other

Recovery is a journey, Not a destination

Resentment is like letting someone live rent-free in your head

Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace amid the storm

Short version of the Serenity Prayer - "Screw it"

Sobriety is not for people who need it, it's for people who want it

Steps 1, 2 & 3: I can't, God can. I think I'll let Him

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem

The easier, softer way is one through twelve

The elevator's broken, take the steps

The fear of feeling the pain is worse than the pain itself

The mind is like a parachute, it works better when it's open

The pain is the arrow coming out, not the arrow going in

This too shall pass

The definition of an addict: an egomaniac with an inferiority complex

Time takes time

Trust God

Try to be grateful & resentful at the same time, you can't serve two masters

Today, "we" have a choice

Turn it over

Two things you have to do to become an old-timer: don't use & don't die

Unity, Service & Recovery

Unless I accept my virtues, I will be overwhelmed with my faults

We have to give it away to keep it

We'll love you until you learn to love yourself

We're only as sick as our secrets

We're not human beings sharing a spiritual experience...but spiritual beings sharing a human experience.

What if there is no God? Believe anyway

When you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut

When we were using, we didn't have relationships, we took prisoners & held hostages

Where do I find recovery? Twelve steps past any lengths

Worry doesn't prevent disaster; it prevents joy

Write a gratitude list & count your blessings

You are right where you are supposed to be

You can always tell an addict, but you can't tell him much

You can't think your way into a new way of living...You have to live your way into a new way of thinking

You reap what you sow

shared by Barbara at 7:56 AM


Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home