Sanctuary for the Abused
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Misogynon Twelve Steps
We admitted we were powerless over Misogyny that our lives (including our relationship ) had become unmanageable.
Came to believe that a Power Greater than ourselves could restore us (and our relationship) to sanity.
Made a decision to turn our will and our lives (including our relationship) over to the care of God, as we understood Him.
Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves and our relationship.
Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another supportive person the exact nature of our wrongs and the conditions of our relationship.
Were entirely ready to have God remove from us every single defect of character and, if necessary, remove us from our defective relationship.
Humbly, on our knees, asked Him to remove our shortcomings, heal, and if necessary remove us from our defective relationship.
Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
Made direct amends to such people wherever possible except when to do so would injure them or others.
Continued to take personal inventory (including our relationship) and only when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us (including our relationship) and the power to carry that out.
Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other women trapped in the effects of a violent, abusive or manipulative relationship and to practice these principles in all areas of our lives.
Misogynon Twelve Traditions
1. "Our common welfare should come first; personal progress for the greatest number depends upon unity."
2. "For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority-a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants they do not govern."
3. "The only requirement for membership is a desire to heal and recover from a troubled, abusive, violent, relationship."
4. "Each group is autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or Misogynon as a whole.
5. "Each group has but one primary purpose - to carry its message to the woman who still suffers.
6. "A Misogynon group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the Misogynon name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property, and prestige divert us from our primary purpose."
7. "Every Misogynon group ought to be fully self supporting declining outside contributions."
8. "Misogynon" should remain forever nonprofessional, but our service centers may employ special workers."
9. "Misogynon, as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
10. "Misogynon has no opinion on outside issues; hence the Misogynon name ought never be drawn into public controversy."
11. "Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, and films."
12. "Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities."