Sanctuary for the Abused
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Media Opportunity: Calling all Mothers!
The ABC News television show 20/20 are now considering producing an hour-long story on a MOTHER who has suffered/is suffering from domestic violence and has had a negative experience within the family court system.
This is where YOU come in! If you have a story about a mother whose experience within family court resulted in
1. Disbelief of her allegations of abuse
2. Her children being awarded to the abusive father,
Please submit it to the Public Policy Office no later than November 30, 2008. Be sure to place "ABC Custody Story" in the subject heading of your email or fax. There is no guarantee your story will be chosen.
We will inform you of 20/20's final decision and the show's air date. Thanks in advance!!! Story Guidelines
1. No more than 1 page. If your story is chosen for further review, you can then provide additional details.
2. A mother who lost her children to the abusive father because her allegations of abuse (against her or her children) were found not credible.
3. Be willing to appear on television. Your identity can be concealed.
4. Contact information of the mother.
5. Contact information of the story submitter (if you are NOT the mother).
6. Submit to email@example.com or 202.745.0088 (fax).
Please email all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.