Sanctuary for the Abused

Sunday, May 06, 2018

Courage



What is courage?

Many "people of courage" say the same thing, it's not the heroic act, the risk of life in an emergency, that defines true courage, although let's not discount that. True courage involves the day to day facing of difficult problems and still getting on with life despite often feeling despairing.

So
each time you keep going despite your feelings you belong to the ranks of the true heroes.

Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.


(Ambrose Redmoon)

Labels: , , , , ,

shared by Barbara at 12:09 AM


Share

1 Comments:

A lot of people have told me I did a very couragous thing when I reported my dad for child abuse. However, I don't feel too good about it. I feel guilty, like I did something wrong. I don't even know if it was courage, or revenge, or an act of desperation. It haunts me. The thought that we were all my father had because he pushed his family away, and now he has nothing. Am I wrong for feeling the way I do? I don't even know anymore.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home