Sanctuary for the Abused
Thursday, October 13, 2016
IS MY SPOUSE (or PARTNER) A SEX ADDICT?
ask yourself, honestly:
- Does your spouse have unaccountable time?
- Does your spouse have unaccountable money?
- Does your spouse have unaccountable moods?
- Does your spouse's moods depend on whether he/she gets sex or not?
- Does your spouse have a lack of sexual activity with you?
- Does your spouse have a history of emotional, physical or sexual abuse or neglect?
- Does your spouse have a supply of pornography (online or offline)?
- Have you been told he has a sex addiction (hookers, affairs, porn)?
- Are there many arguments over sex?
- Is your spouse unable to be emotionally intimate?
- Does sex appear to not satisfy him/her (wants more right away or there never seems to be enough)?
- Does he come up with new positions or things he begs you to do and then gets upset when you say "no"?
- Does he respect you?
- Is there a lot of anger or erratic behavior when he/she is said "no" to sexually?
- Do you feel alone during your sexual encounters?
- Do you feel used, dirty or abandoned after sexual encounters?
- Is there a sense that he's/she's got his "fix" and now he's better?