Sanctuary for the Abused

Sunday, January 01, 2023

IS YOUR NARCISSIST/ PSYCHOPATH/ ABUSER PLAYING YOU?

a list of FAVORITE PHRASES (by no means complete!!)

"you are my soul mate" or "this is fate" (came up over 50 times on this poll)

"I'm sorry that you feel that way" (because I'm not taking responsibility for this)

"End of conversation!!!", (when it is your turn to speak)

"I did (whatever BS) because of the medication I'm taking/ forgot to take"

"I'm always supportive of you and your education/career" (but when you're not around, and take the focus off of me, I have to find supply elsewhere, baby)

Cute nicknames: Baby, you are my honey, my sweetie, babe, dear... etc (good for when you have more than one woman on the go; in case you forget her name!)

"You/they made me do (whatever BS). It wasn't my fault. You drove me to it."

"I'm a good husband / father and other women are envious and want to ruin that."

"Don't listen to her (when they get caught by someone) she's in love with me/ obsessed with me/ making it up/ lying/ psycho..."

" I can't control how you feel "

"I'm very literal"

"why do you interpret everything I say"

"I don't feel anything" ( means he doesn't care and truly can NOT 'feel')

"I don't express my emotions well"

"I never said that," (when you repeat something from a prior conversation -- sometimes just an hour ago.)

"that never happened" (even when the proof is right there)

"Not my fault" (projection)

"Explain that to me, I'm thick" or "I don't get it"

"I told you that" or "that's what I told you"

"I would never lie to you"

"Listen to my words" (as he played his word games)

"I swear on my life/to God..."

"if you really think it's necessary."

"up to you"

"I will do anything to make you happy" (
except be honest)

"if that's what you want"

"I am a good man"

"It's not what you think"

"just do me one favor...."

"I/ you never...."

"I/ you always...."

For more click here: YOU ARE A TARGET

These were written the 'male', your abuser may well be female!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

shared by Barbara at 12:13 AM


Share

<< Home